Whether you are seeking a greater purpose in life, are a new believer, or have walked with Jesus for a long time, these simple tips will remind you that getting closer to God is simple.
Spend some time with God today, and you will be blessed and refreshed.
1. Get quiet. Turn off the music and TV, step away from your computer, put away your phone, and find a quiet spot to simply talk with God. He hears you.
2. Read your bible. Underline, highlight, or write out passages, verses, phrases, or words that speak to you, read it several times. These are the gifts that keep on giving when you need encouragement down the road.
3. Write out your prayers in a dedicated notebook or a prayer journal. These prayers can be for others or yourself. Then spend time in prayer.
4. Get out in nature, walk in the forest, sit by a bubbling stream, watch a mother bird feed her young, or drive out in the country for a picnic. Let the experience soak in.
6. Play some worship music and immerse yourself in the melody and lyrics. Sing along, dance…or just listen. Let the Holy Spirit minister to you.
7. Do something for someone else without expecting anything in return.
8. Use the gifts God has given you. If He has called you to create, then create. If He has called you to administer, then administer. If He has called you to shepherd, then shepherd.
9. Be grateful. Count, and thank God for, your blessings every day.
10. Share what God has done for you with a friend, family member, or your community. Sharing is a powerful tool for our own spiritual growth and pleases the Lord.